RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Sep 3 00:02:31 CEST 2008

Frank W. Kooistra wrote:
> On Monday 01 September 2008 07:35:45 Michael Shiloh wrote:
>
>> For consistency, I'd like each distro to have a "known issues" section.
>> Many work arounds and other hints will be more appropriate here than in
>> the FAQ.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> I do think you suggestion is a good one. Belongs where you suggested.
>
> But we have to take care that those sections are monitored closely and updated
> promptly.

Yes. I'll be scanning my 2000+ inbox for emails relating to known
issues, and I will update as I can.

Clearly it will be hard to keep all 5 distros up to date.

I was thinking just this morning it would be nice if each distro had a
(passionate) person responsible for keeping the known issues up to date.

Any volunteers?