RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Wed Sep 3 07:48:32 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 03 septembre 2008, Michael Shiloh a écrit :
> Frank W. Kooistra wrote:
> > On Monday 01 September 2008 07:35:45 Michael Shiloh wrote:
> >> For consistency, I'd like each distro to have a "known issues" section.
> >> Many work arounds and other hints will be more appropriate here than in
> >> the FAQ.
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >
> > I do think you suggestion is a good one. Belongs where you suggested.
> >
> > But we have to take care that those sections are monitored closely and
> > updated promptly.
>
> Yes. I'll be scanning my 2000+ inbox for emails relating to known
> issues, and I will update as I can.
>
> Clearly it will be hard to keep all 5 distros up to date.
>
> I was thinking just this morning it would be nice if each distro had a
> (passionate) person responsible for keeping the known issues up to date.

  I am not sure about how responsiblities can be done. If we had such a
person, I would suggest him/her to maintain a daily flag / traffic light /
DEFCON indicator :    http://www.personalthreatlevel.com/home/threatlevel

  Maybe it would be agreeable to multiplex temporally and schedule a ML patrol
duty roll. We put up a table with 31 rows on the roll page, and volunteers
sign up for the days they want to scan the mail traffic.

Minh
--
Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le