Category cleanup

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Sun Sep 7 17:55:20 CEST 2008

Dear documentation team,

I've emptied the Openmoko category and all language versions by moving
content to more relevant place. I proposed empty categories for
{{Delete}}. Additionally, last time I missed cleaning up language
versions of Category:Information, so it is now also done, {{Delete}}
marker added to those category pages.

On articles/categories what I've put in {{Delete}} I've added a reason
in the Comment field, see history with {{Delete}} text. I didn't use
Wiki Issues voting this time, because all these were so obviously
unnecessary (e.g. a copied non-translated English as a language version,
etc).

Next is http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Documentation, should I
keep on re-categorizing these too?? Soon we will clearly see what we
have in specific subject. ;-) What about Technical? Keep or
recategorize? (I vote for moving that too.)

A very big question is what about categories which are Hardware and
Software in the same place? E.g. "GPS", "GSM", "Accelerometer"...!?!

Should they be both in Software/Applications AND Hardware and we mix HW
and Application articles in them? E.g. Accelerometer chips and Gestures
program in the same "Accelerometer" category, which is in both Hardware
AND Applications (software)?

(GPS has a special subcategory, GPS Applications, that's another
possible approach.)

Networking is another example of subcategory of both HW and APP. (I
think this is ok, but some other opinions would be great to see.)

Regards,