RFC: Where to put projects that are not in projects.openmoko.org ? (was: Re: [Info] time and date settings tool)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Sep 10 16:54:54 CEST 2008

rakshat hooja wrote:
> Forwarding the mail to documentation. Can a wiki page where everybody
> can add
> links for programs that are not on projects.openmoko.org
> <http://projects.openmoko.org/>
>
> be set up? and should it be linked from the main page?
>
> Rakshat

Hi wiki maintainers,

IIRC you had this discussion before I got heavily involved. What did you
conclude?

The question about linking from the main page: I think it's a good idea.
We often get asked what programs are available, or, a slightly different
question, what interesting programs have users written? I think it would
be good to showcase this creativity, but I'm not sure exactly where.

Another question I have is use of the word project vs. program vs.
application. TangoGPS is an excellent application. There are other
excellent programs that function at a lower level and deserve to be
listed, but aren't applications a user would interract with. Finally,
there are projects (e.g. David Samblas' FDOM) that are neither apps nor
programs.

Thoughts?

Michael