why do we have Openmoko_Local_Groups?

BrendaWang brenda_wang at openmoko.com
Fri Sep 12 05:29:13 CEST 2008

I want to do some explanation of Local Groups and Official Index page.
That's something like history of improving Wiki.
1. At the very beginning , our Wiki system's version is very old . And
it has only basic function. No extension . Not all these function (like
category tree tag , or use css and html on navigation bar, even move
function ) could worked on wiki. So , the way I used to make wiki became
more organized was manually make a list , and put all the same topic on
it . I mean "Local group " pages.
The same thing happened with Index page. It generate manually.

And now.
1. Our wiki version is upgrade to 1.12. And I do some research , and ask
our IT put more extension on wiki. So, we can use simple way to make
pages easy to find on wiki.
Like this Sop :
New pages has its own category==>category tree tag generate the category
tree and put everthing thing related on list automatically. ===>people
can use category tree to find related pages.

2. I think if we can make ervery pages has its own category, and put the
category tree tag on the right place. That will be help to make wiki
easy to find pages.

3. The question is where is the right place to put category tree?

Michael Shiloh ??: