Shaking up the category tree

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Fri Sep 12 21:08:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

Minh Ha Duong írta, 2008-09-12 08:48 keltezéssel:
>> (We could really have the
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Categories link in the main menu
>> replacing "Category Overview" now... no?)
>
>  Yes, altough I would really prefer a more compact "web directory style"
> layout than a "click to expand" tree. The "Category overview" page may be
> manually maintained and not so compact, but it's more useable.

My main concern about the Category overview page is that it gives
another structure to the same thing again. It does not reflect the
structure we created, it introduces a new one.

Some things which belong to two different main categories are in one
main category here, and so on. (Additionally it's very difficult to
read. This looks like one very long link:

Support Hardware -GTA02-GTA01-Neo1973 Phase 0 related-Neo1973 Phase 1
related-Neo1973 Hardware Debugging-Neo1973 alternate cases- Neo1973 and
external hardware