RFC: delete "hardware" and "Neo 1973" from "Navigation" box (also add FAQ and applications, and repurpose applications)

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Fri Sep 19 21:58:41 CEST 2008

> We had the idea of adding http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Phones instead
> the two phone names. I liked that.

This "Phones" page does not need to be linked from EVERY page on the site.

> It's already there, called Applications CATEGORY.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Applications
>
> All what you say is there. Please note the List Pages on the top of the
> articles (above A), there you can see we have too many of Article List
> Pages. (Also mentioned on
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Issues#Redundant_Pages.

That paragraph is not clear to me...

> oops, wiki editor know-how should go to discussion page I think
>
> "Our reference standard here is the Freedesktop application category
> names. "  (That's on Applications category description.)

Yes, this sentence should go to the Discussion page, please keep it for now at
least until it is obviously not necessary. The list of subcategories is not
yet like the standard categories in the "Start" menu. For example "GPS
Applications"

--
Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le