RFC: Applications template

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat Sep 20 00:11:02 CEST 2008

Minh suggests a template for applications.

> - We will want to make a template for boxes that present applications
> uniformly. See this example:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate

I agree that we should have a template. (In fact, I wonder if we should
have a template for everything, to enforce some consistency and
structure. But that might be too heavy-handed, and requires the creation
of all those templates.)

I think we can get away with one with far fewer fields than the example
you gave. How do you feel if we base it on the current table in
"Openmoko Community Applications"? It's pretty basic:

1. Screenshot
2. Link to wiki page
3. Single paragraph description
4. Link to download (or repository)

To this I would add author, which would be "Openmoko" for all OM
provided apps, and the author's name for community provided apps.

I'd like to do this soon, so that we can start adding all the
applications that are missing from that page.

Comments?