wishlist vs. applications

haduong at centre-cired.fr haduong at centre-cired.fr
Sun Sep 21 11:01:05 CEST 2008

> Hi,
>
> Minh, I don't think Wishlist items should be added to the Applications
> categories, like for example to Telephony. I see you added, for example:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wishlist/Synchronized_High_Quality_Recording
>
> But we have so many crazy ideas in Wishlists, that flooding the actual
> application categories with them, won't help users looking for software
> (and not ideas).

Well it's debatable indeed. On the "yes" side:
* These pages' titles all start with "Wishlist/",  so they keep together
near the end of the list
* Wishlist means it's clear that they do not lead to running code.
* It might avoid people starting new wishlist pages for ideas already
written. * People browsing an application category are probably the most
ready to pick up a wishlist idea and run.
* I would prefer to positively know that something is unimplemented than
just forgotten from the category

Minh