Portals

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Mon Sep 22 00:30:59 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong írta, 2008-09-20 15:58 keltezéssel:
> Hi everybody,
>
>   I just discovered another useful wiki concept we seem to have underused so
> far: portals.
> See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Issues#Portals
> where I refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Contents/Portals
>
>  I propose that we name distribution home pages "Portals" and write them in
> that spirit.

Good idea. However the portals I just checked on Wikipedia looks very
difficult to create/maintain. :-) (They are too good! ;-) )

Besides Distribution pages like Om 2008.8, these pages (Which are
proposed for improvement on Wiki Issues) could also be implemented as
portals, what do you think?

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Advanced_End-user
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Basic_End-user
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/System_Developer

Will we call these Portal: like Wikipedia? Will we create a namespace
for it? (Search should search in portal content by default.)

(Anyway, it might be useful to keep their title in line with the related
category name. I am not sure about *End User category renames yet,
that's why I did not answer, maybe some others could also check that
mail. I think I'll move some "forgotten" issues to Wiki Issues page from
my mailbox.)

Regards,
Ferenc

ps:Minh, I've executed your proposal (delete) on the usergroups template
and the necessary changes on the 2 related pages.