Application template

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Thu Sep 25 22:39:58 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong írta, 2008-09-25 22:23 keltezéssel:
> Hi,
>
>  I created Template:ApplicationBox and used it for a couple of entries in the
> Applications page to show how it works.
>
> Comments ?

Hi

I think there is a little misunderstanding.

You made a template for for the application list, but I think earlier we
discussed having a template on the applications own page. Like for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_v3x

The side box with image. That would be on the page of the application
itself, if it has an article.

Of course it's great to have both!

Here is how I see applications now:

I created categories and moved articles (all according to
freefdesktop.org, I even added the list of subcategories to every
category's description, so user can easily decide what to find/put there).

I updated your original

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Applications_directory

added sections and one line description. I think now it fits the
requirement we set for usefulness of list pages.

I think we should put this in place of

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Applications

and move those templated, designed, detailed descriptions to pages like
(I renamed "Browser") :

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_Applications

These will be then templated too.

About the template itself: I don't think it need so many borders and
lines. But we can change any time, so no problem.

About template content: it looks cool. What happens if we want to add a
new field later? Is that possible without the need of updating all uses?

What do you think?

Now, I think we will work with appearances of some applications. 2
appearances of all applications. (2 for those which does not have a full
page)

We need to decide which info to put on which. The short list, name,
direct link to page, description, link to list pages per section.

The template you made: longer description, link to page, link to
homepage, availabilty. package name. These are needed, because we must
take into consideration that many programs won't have a more detailed page.

What goes to the application page? We leave them all different for now?