Application template

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Fri Sep 26 22:27:42 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Minh Ha Duong írta, 2008-09-26 10:02 keltezéssel:
>> About template content: it looks cool. What happens if we want to add a
>> new field later? Is that possible without the need of updating all uses?
>
> Yes of course, I think.

Repository is missing. Of course that's not an easy question, because
for example if you write:

Tested on: Om 2007.2, Om 2008.8, Debian, FSO

then how do you specify repository? Of course we will not specify how
easy/difficult it is to install on e.g. Debian or not even FSO. But
maybe we could pick the "mainstream" distro and say one of:

Om 2008.8 repository
Om 2008.8 community repository (Multiverse)
an external repository e.g. Angstrom repository
must be compiled from source
whatever

could be an important factor for users. E.g. this Pidgin thing is on
Angstrom repo, I spent like a hour hunting depending packages!

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Instant_Messaging

That is so far from a simple click in the installer. What do you recommend?

(Anyway, http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Repositories has a red warning
about mixing repositories, even a citation from an Openmoko developer,
and then the first paragraph tells me to add Angstrom repo. So what now?
Can someone with the needed knowledge clarify this collision please?)