List of x Applications pages

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Mon Sep 29 20:48:08 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I made a heavy use of Minh's ApplicationBox, any feedback would be
appreciated, continue, stop immediately, undo all, etc?

List pages not renamed from original (yet?!):

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPS_applications

Created or renamed list pages:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_Games (ex Games)
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_System_Applications
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_Applications
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_Audio_Applications

(This one was a good example where I did not create separate pages for
applications, but used the ApplicationBox in the page itself. Games is
like that too.)

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_Office_Applications

All boxes on those pages are:

- created on the bottom of the linked app's page if app page existed
- created in the List_of page directly, if no app page exists

(This "List of" thing follows the Wikipedia guideline linked from our:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Editing_Guidelines#List_pages
  unless I misunderstand it.)

It's a huge work. More than I expected!

One danger in this: if someone deletes an application box from the
destination page, the whole page will be included in the List page. :-p

I gave up with checking each program on my FR, I'll do that when the
boxes and lists are ready. I build the boxes from already available
information on the existing pages and boxes.

When ready, this page:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Applications_directory

will overwrite the one with boxes:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Applications

(I have only 3 boxes left on that to reproduce on the program's own page
or the list.)

To make "Application_Directory" (after it becomes "Applications") more
colorful, we could add an Editors' pick for September 2008, with
including some more info about one specific cool program.