libmokojournal gsm voicecall properties

Dodji Seketeli dodji at openedhand.com
Tue Apr 17 13:07:30 CEST 2007

Hello Harald,

Le vendredi 13 avril 2007 à 14:58 +0530, Harald Welte a écrit :
> common properties which I think you have anyway for all kinds of
> to be journalled events:
> * event start
> ** timestamp
> ** location
> * event stop
> ** timestamp
> ** location
> * event source (e.g. openmoko-dialer)

Okay. Just to give a bit of a context.

In libmokojournal things that are logged are called "entries". This is
what you call events. Each entry is of type "MokoJournalEntry". Entries
can be of a certain kind: voice call, sms, mms, etc. The kind of a given
entry is carried by the member MokoJournalEntry::type.

"MokoJournalEntry" carries the "general properties" (i.e properties
carried by all types of entries) like those which you have just listed.
So far, we are on track then :-).

For each type of entry though, there is a special member of
MokoJournalEntry that carries "specific properties". For instance, a
MokoJournalEntry of type VOICE_CALL_JOURNAL_ENTRY will have a specific
properties set (a C struct) of type MokoJournalVoiceCallInfo.
MokoJournalVoiceCallInfo itself carries all the specific properties
related to voice call journal entries.

> where 'location' is an abstract dataset which can be many different
> things, such as any set of one or more elements from the following:
> * gps coordinates

What will be the type of a gps coordinate ? will it be a pair or floats
representing (longiture, latitude) ?

> * GSM location (operator code / location code / cell-id)

Could you give me the type of this as well ? Will it be a character
string for instance ?

> * wifi AP MAC address

Okay I guess this fits into a 16 bits integer.

> * bluetooth AP MAC address

Same assumption as above.

> generic call specific properties
> * type (data/voice/fax/alternating)

I guess this is what we have today in the MokoJournalEntry::type member.

Though, what is a data call exactly ? is what i call either SMS, MMS, or
EMAIL ?

What is "alternating" ?

> * line (some gsm modems have multiple lines)
Will this be an integer ID of the line ?

> * direction (in/out/)

Okay this one is obvious. Though I would put it in the "general"
properties carried by all journal entries.

> * addresses (i.e. phone numbers)
> ** in-call: number of caller
> ** in-call: number that caller has dialed
> ** out-call: number of callee, that we dialled
> ** out-call: number that the network told us about callee
> * call termination cause
>
> data call specific properties
> * speed
>
> voice call specific properties
> * was this call recorded by the neo
> ** if yes, to which file, and from which time to what other time

Thank you,

--
Dodji Seketeli

OpenedHand Ltd.

51 Great Brownings / London / SE21 7HP / UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/