Basic help

Vikas Murthy vikasm at TechMahindra.com
Mon Feb 26 08:23:08 CET 2007

Hello Developers,

I am Vikas N.R and I am new to OpenMoko.

I tried to get the exact hold of what OpenMoko is but couldn't.

Can you all please help me in knowing what OpenMoko is basically?

Here I go,
1) Is it an OS for mobile phones??

2)
    This is an important one:
    Can I use OpenMoko source code and put it on a hardware platform (a
reference board with a LCD display, used during development of
applications) and
    simulate a mobile phone like environment ( basic GUI and
funcationalities).?? And develop applications on it??

3) What do I need to develop applications for OpenMoko phones? I mean
what development framework (something like Qtopia)?

I thank you for your time.

Regards,
Vikas N.R

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer: