documentation and code

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu Nov 8 10:01:18 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 09:03 +0100, Per Wolde wrote:
> Thnx!
>
> How is the development status over those libraries and other libraries?
> For instance, when I look closer at libmokogsmd it seems that the event
> handler for SMS event is not implemented! Is there any docs that follows
> development status day by day?

The short answer is no, there is no status report on individual
libraries.

The longer answer is that these libraries and the entire software stack
is still in very early stages and functionality in the libraries is
added only if and when it is needed. This may sound rather backwards,
but there advantages to this. Firstly it helps keeps the libraries small
and means we only implement what we need. This is important for software
running on a device with a relatively small amount of memory available.
Secondly, it means we have more experience and knowledge of what the
real requirements of the library should be before we start adding code
to it.

If you have any particular functionality you want to discuss, please do
so on this list.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/