Phone functionality in GUI applications

Thomas Seiler thseiler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 03:34:36 CEST 2007

Am 16.10.2007 um 21:32 schrieb Rodolphe Ortalo:

> What about adding GPS to the overall picture? Maybe that it's too
> early,
> but if there are some interactions with the phone aspects, it would be
> better to try to anticipate them. (Of course, only on the *drawing*
> board.)

(drawing board only ;-)

I would like to see a more generic "Context Service", that takes
the various inputs of

- last known GPS longitude / latitude and speed
- GSM Area Code and Cell ID and rate at which these codes change
- ESSID of avaibale WLANS
- Bluetooth MAC Addresses of nearby Workstations and other Handies

and creates a context out if it, i.e.

- AtHome / AtWork/ AtUserConfiguredLocationX / Y / Z...
- Driving / Walking / Stationary
- Meeting with Boss / Near Workstation, etc...

at a later stage, these contexts could be linked to automatic actions:

Meeting with Boss => Mute Ringer
Driving => Speakerphone Mode, AutoAccept after 3 Rings, etc...
etc...

Thomas