GSM modem documentation

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Sun Jul 15 08:44:29 CEST 2007

On Jul 15, 2007, at 2:30 PM, Petri Aarnio wrote:

> GSM modem AT command spec and application developer's guide
> shouldn't be NDA stuff, since GSM modems are available also as
> separate boxes which can be controlled by the buyer with PC.  So
> any part of the interface cannot be kept "secret". So I'm quite
> sure that if the TI contact person in FIC just asked for the spec,
> it should be no problem to publish them to developers.
> I tried to search more information about Calypso in TI's web pages
> but couldn't find anything.

Hehe...you have rather strong opinions and assumptions. All of Ti's
documentation about this chipset (whether publicly assessable AT
commands or not) is under NDA and the signature is the with the head
of our department. (This is how serious they are about this stuff).

We will _always_ release any documentation legally under our ability
to release.

Please read the specifications that Harald mentioned here:

>> I already  have noticed that  SMS application developer would have
>> needed  Calypso AT interface specification, it would have cleared
>> most of the questions on the topic.
>>

> no, that is not true.  Where would you have needed anything besides
> 07.05, 07.07 and 07.10 for SMS implementation?
> Please give me an exact example.  I do not believe so.

They will give you the information you need.

-Sean