GSM modem documentation

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 15 17:53:06 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 03:47:58PM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> This is true, but it's not a reason enough to not even try, it's
> always good to let TI know that there's a demand for open hardware, on
> all occasions.

Just in case you didn't realize: You're preaching to the converted.

You _do_ realize that we're spending tons of time in convincing vendors
to publicize their documentation?   I seriously doubt there is any other
hardware project of similar magnitude where any device vendor speaks to
component vendors at a similarly high level than we do, pushing as hard
for 'GPL compatible' hardware (drivers/documentation)?

So please cut it out and do some research on which people you're talking
to.  Are you questioning my legitimacy when it comes to understanding
what the free software movement wants?  After more than ten years of
writing GPL licensed software, being in touch with the FSF, FSFE, its
protagonists  and and after going through binary-only-driver and
undocumented hardware hell with gpl-violations.org ?

Please save your arguments for those people who still need to be
convinced.  Thanks.