GSM Modem Confusion

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sat Jul 28 13:11:49 CEST 2007

2007/7/28, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org>:

> We want users who love and understand open source, and who buy our
> devices for that reason.

Hi!

IMHO you might consider selling your phone to companies that write
custom software for it and use this in their business. I am talking
about for example companies that use phone-like devices for monitoring
(ie. car fleet). Another example are universities which gladly use
Open devices in their labs.

My friend works in such company and AFAIK the company is very
interested in buying quite a few (>1000) devices if Neo1973 proves its
usefulness. Also, on the list, I read mail from someone from Romania
(I am not sure) that wants to use it at his University for teaching
students.

That might be quite a big number of customers for you.

cheers

cayco