GSM Modem Confusion

Mark Eichin eichin-openmoko at thok.org
Sat Jul 28 20:48:55 CEST 2007

Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org> writes:

> The market that we're adressing for the time being is a market where no
> competition exists.  Or how many other entirely open source phones does
> the market provide?

Exactly.  The greenphone is the only other thing that is even
*attempting* this market, and they've spent a lot of time failing to
deliver hardware...

> Our target user is "The guy who puts OpenWRT on his Linksys Wifi
> router", i.e. a person who is not a developer, but somebody who loves
> the features he gets by having a open/accessible linux distribution on
> his device.

Would you mind posting this bit to the "community" list?  (Possibly as
part of the "new subscriber" mail, or just once a week? :-)  It would
help channel some of the fantasies in a more relevant direction...