[patch] gsmd mux

Jim Rayner openmoko at jrayner.com
Tue Oct 30 13:54:10 CET 2007

>         Does your code sends muxed data to userspace? How are you dealing with
> the non-AT channels?

In the current configuration, once the line discipline is up and
running you can open any of the /dev/muxN ports (except the gsmd ones)
and use them however you wish from userspace

gsmd will/should have ownership of the ones it opens.

I suggest gsmd only opens 2 channels for its own use for now (same as
most commercial phones), one for general commands and the other for
hangup (which can't afford to wait around for a potentially long
running command to complete).

Best regards,
Jim