ANN: gsm0710muxd 0.9.1 released

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Mon Apr 28 16:11:30 CEST 2008

Hi Mickey,

> > > There is: http://www.linuxtogo.org/git-repositories. Though not
> > > integrated into GForge (yet?).
> >
> > can this be fixed soon or have at least a Git clone/import of the
> > subversion tree somewhere.
>
> May I ask why subversion is not enough?

because Git is so much more powerful when it comes to quickly create
branches for testing and then throw them away. The way it supports local
development with a clean revision history and small/logical commits is
great. The re-sync effort with external people is so much easier. All in
all it is simply superior compared to Subversion. The only advantage of
Subversion over CVS is that it has atomic commits.

Regards

Marcel