[Phone Server dbus API]: sync vs. async

M. Dietrich mdt at emdete.de
Mon Feb 4 01:13:29 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:29:19PM +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> If you want me to, I can have a full review of your current API. I only
> just had a quick look, but there are a lot of things that can be
> simplified.

this really was good stuff. thanks! there is one thing where i really
don't know how and when to use it in which way: the three names dbus
is using. the bus-name, the interface-name and the object path. how
can is use them and what's behind? could i use the object path to
lookup persistent data, say i have contacts and the primary key of a
contact is part of the object path? and the bus name, does that have
some influence on broadcasted signals? mickey said that signals are
send to all clients - does the bus name filter these? or: has the
right choice of the names influence on the performance of dbus?

best regards,
	michael