GSM modem doesn't power off when Neo does

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:31:33 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Mike Westerhof <mwester at dls.net> wrote:
>  Right, there have been some reports of that.  But debugging that old script is
>  off-topic for this thread;

I don't care; I'm glad to see some discussion which might lead to a
resolution.  It's always amazed me just how little discussion there
actually is around this project.  Maybe it all happens on IRC...

> the question we need resolved is how do the powers
>  that be wish for the GSM modem to actually be powered off when the phone is shut
>  down?

I see that the change to add the M/m commands to gsmd has been
committed to svn.  So presumably the idea was to use the other script
given in bug 1003 to run libgsmd-tool and pass the "m" at shutdown.  I
didn't build a new image yet to see if that is being done or not.