Questions regarding the wakeup interrupt
zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 26 22:15:36 CET 2008
I have started to look into suspend and resume and wonder how the modem wake
up is supposed to work in the big plot.
- Enable the modem, enter pin, register with network
- Enable unsolicited messages (signal strength, registration...)
- echo "mem" > /sys/power/state at any point in time
=> the device will wake up shortly afterwards due the modem wakeup interrupt.
What I would like to know:
- How is the modem wakeup pin supposed to work (what makes the modem do the
interrupt, what happens in regard to flow control)?
- Should the GSM stack disable unsolicited messages before going to sleep?
- This would require the GSM stack to know about suspend/resume, so the
command queue could be frozen, the last commit submitted, unsolicited
messages disabled... but we do not want to go this way.
- How to make the modem wakeup pin usable?
- The modem would wake us up on incoming call and SMS
- It will return the last command result (or ERROR)
- It will send the USC for the SMS or call.
enlightenment is highly appreciated
More information about the gsmd-devel