[gta02-core] Status & next milestone for GTA02-core?

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Sun Aug 2 20:43:34 CEST 2009

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> Am curious what the next milestone is for GTA02-core.
> Have not been following the project for a while, so am
> wondering when you expect to be ready to have PCBs
> fabricated.

Hi Ron,

I'll try and help, though you shouldn't count me as an official
spokesman for the project :-)

in the process of reviewing those to identify errors (bugs), and working
through ECN's.

Once that's complete our next milestone will be work producing the
footprints, and then design the PCBs

If current discussions ([1][2]) turn out favourably, we _might_ be in a
position to fabricate in mid/late sept.

You've probably seen the project details at [3], the most important of
which is that this project is aimed at taking the design as far as
prototypes.  As the designs are open, my hope is that this or our next
design will be of interest to someone who has the resources to
manufacture, though we don't currently have the resources to do this
ourselves.

We've recently adopted the phrase "open design hardware", and have some
background in the "disclosure requisites" white paper Werner produced
[4][5].

Anyone that's interested would be welcome to join us, and help with both
reviewing the current schematics [6], and moving onto footprint and
board design.

Hope this helps!

Dave

[1] http://n2.nabble.com/Calypso%27s-last-dance-tp3307295ef1958.html