[gta02-core] Status & next milestone for GTA02-core?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 3 13:42:38 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> Aren't we all ? :P

I'd consider it a good thing that there are several people who know
what's going on in the project :-)

My current esimate is that we'll indeed SMT mid to late September:

- two weeks of work on footprint definitions in August,
  one week of this overlapped with ...

- two weeks of layout

- one week of review,

- two weeks of PCB making,

- and then SMT.

The schedule probably needs a week or two of buffer.

The PCB should be relatively uncritical, so I'd select a site based
on where SMT will be done. I've been in contact with USP for the last
few weeks, directly and indirectly, and I'm still not sure if they're
ready to commit to running gta02-core.

In case this doesn't pan out, there may be another opportunity for
doing SMT at a site that isn't just a prototype manufacturer: a while
ago, someone from a company whose R&D group has an SMT line has
suggested they may help. But I still have to find out if they're
serious and if their line has the capabilities needed for gta02-core.