[gta02-core] Status & next milestone for GTA02-core?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 3 13:56:51 CEST 2009

Dave Ball wrote:
> potential alternative to the calypso (option gtm501) has been
> identified, though we don't yet know for sure that we can use it.

By the way, there may be a third possibility for telephony: the
Telit GE865-QUAD GSM module:
http://www.telit.com/en/products/gsm-gprs.php?p_id=12&p_ac=show&p=11

Besides only being 2g, the main problem of that one is its thickness
of 3.0 mm, 0.7 mm more than the GTM501. I don't know if that would
fit. What's great about Telit is that all their documentation is
openly available and they have a more developed global reseller
network than Option.