[gta02-core] GSM modem [was Re. Status & next milestone for GTA02-core?]

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 3 16:24:01 CEST 2009

Dave Ball wrote:
> I get the impression that the calypso isn't going anywhere, so how
> about getting started with Telit based schematics while we're
> waiting to find out if the Option is a goer or not?

I like the idea ! The worst case outcome is that it would not fit
under the WLAN, in which case we'd have a WLAN XOR telephony
placement option. As far as prototypes go, not too shocking a
solution. (Besides, the AR6001 would be a certain death row
candidate for anything that follows, so not much is lost there.)