[gta02-core] GSM modem / telit ge865

Christopher Friedt chrisfriedt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:47:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Patryk Benderz<Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:
> I  like it too, but height distance between LCD and surface of casing is
> to big IMHO, especially for those with big fingers. It's hard to tap LCD
> near of edges. This flaw could be eliminated by reducing this distance.

I agree - it was difficult to access the touch screen anywhere near
the edges, where it came into contact with the casing.

My suggestion for  a potential GTA0? revison (not gta02-core) is to
use a thin, pressed aluminum faceplace that would be almost flush with
the LCD / touch-screen.

For gta02-core, I think the best thing we can  do is just use the
original cases, so anyone who is lucky enough to get a fabricated
board could reuse his old case. That being said, it introduces some
layout constraints of the PCB, in that all connectors (usb, headphone,
lcd, gps) need to be in the same locations.