[gta02-core] SVN ignore property

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 17 15:01:11 CEST 2009

Nathael Pajani wrote:
> Just a simple suggestion for the svn repository:
>
> Add some ignore properties for some generated files (ps and pdf)

Hmm, when I do an "svn status" in gta02-core, I get about 190 "junk"
files, many of them of just local relevance. I guess I'm just not
very tidy :)

Considering that everyone still has the local files to worry about,
even if we meticulously take care of telling SVN about all the
generated ones (and track all changes for their effect on generated
files), this seems more like tamagotchi-sitting to me :)

I also think we shouldn't optimize too much for SVN. One day, we
may want to switch to git and enjoy the vastly superior performance
of local operations, and then any SVN-specific meta-data becomes a
burden.