[gta02-core] +1 Hardware revision stored in EEPROM

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 26 21:08:30 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> I must confess I agree in priciple.... but this presents some other
> problems - it has to be programmed either before or after assembly.

In the future, when we hopefully add an MPU, that won't be a separate
issue - the MPU needs to be pre-programmed anyway, which can happen
in-circuit, before SMT, or even at the MPU-maker's factory.

Also, if we take the IDBG design, then updates can be made afterwards
anytime over USB (with DFU). Board revision data could be separated
from MPU firmware by using a different "DFU partition", similar to
how things are done with DFU and u-boot on the Neo.