[gta02-core] Audio ECN review

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 28 11:51:08 CEST 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
> I've added a new section todo with 2 possible capacitors, both should be
> easy to source.

Perfect, thanks !

> I don't think they are critical, if we can't find components with the
> correct value we can use the next higher ones (e.g. with 10VAC) instead.

Agreed. While we couldn't claim that ESD-related problems never
happen in GTA02 (after all, there are probably units that just fail
for an unknown reason), they're certainly not killing FreeRunners
like flies. So for the scope of gta02-core it's more interesting to
see what happens if we have any protection in place, in terms of
performance but also layout, than witnessing the effect of a
perfectly optimized protection.