[gta02-core] New on-board WLAN - 1st attempt

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Sat Aug 29 16:06:46 CEST 2009

Hullo!

Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just did a first attempt at new on-board WLAN. Please take a quick look. Antenna and antenna connector still missing.

Nice! :-)  I've had a quick look, and noticed only a few problems.

For the WM3236AQ part:
 - the sdio/spi pins are only named with their sdio use - it would
probably be worth adding their spi uses too.

 - while pin 35 (RST_OUT_L) is nc in OM schematics, it probably would be
worth including it on the part, labeled correctly, in case we or someone
else decides to use it in the future.

 - On most components, we haven't drawn NC pins, is there any reason to
include them here?

and the schematic:
 - R7907 should be named R7904 and vice-versa.

 - R7904-9 are missing their connection to WLAN3v3

 - There are missing connections between the SPIMISO and INT labels, and
their testpoints

 - the PWR_FLG on the WLAN3v3 net should be moved to avoid a cross joint.

 - TP7901-10 are new since gta02, so could be renumbered as makes sense
on the current schematics.

Is the hope to use the same shielding can used on the gta02 WLAN
daughter-board?  It might be worth including the shielding points for
connecting to the can, so we don't forget them at PCB time!

> I renamed the old wlan sheet to "wlan-conn.sch" so we can go back if needed, just changing the project file.

No need for this - we have SVN :-)

> There are some inconsistencies in component names (like R3,R2,R1). I'll fix those and describe mappings in one ECN.

I noticed R1, R2, R3, R4 and Cyrstal.

Cheers,

Dave