[gta02-core] RFC: Open Source Hardware - Disclosure Requisites

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Fri Jul 24 12:51:22 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Alright, back to gta02-core: we have ODH vs. Copyleft HW. ODH is more
> explanatory while Copyleft sounds perkier. Do we vote ? :

Between those two - I prefer ODH.  We are using copyleft licenses, so
that's accurate, but that phrase always sounds a little
anti-establishment to me.

Open Design Hardware is both more explanatory, and more approachable for
traditional manufacturers and suppliers.

So if it's a vote: ODH +1  from me :-)

Dave

ps - what's Quorum for this kind of decision? :-p