[gta02-core] IO Schematics

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Thu Jul 30 00:40:14 CEST 2009

Thanks for the patch!

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> I think the vibrator schematics are more confusing than they need to be.

I agree, it could have been worse, but reorganising makes it a lot clearer.

> 1) Straight forward current path from VB at the top to GND at the bottom.
> 2) It is now clear that the diode is reverse biased, making the construct
> easier to recognize, so you need not try to figure out what it does.
> 3) The bypass capacitor now looks like one.
> 4) Look ma, no wire crossings! No less than three of them gone.

Your patch didn't apply cleanly after my recent io.sch changes, so I
ended up redrawing it largely as you had.  Committed as revision 5340.

I spaced the components a little more to have 200mm of plain wire
between any joint (I'll try to pull together the scattered bits of style
guide we've adopted soon - unless someone beats me to it), and ended up
tweaking it a little to my preference...  Not sure if spliting the
grounds is more clear or less than how you had it?

> (I don't know if the changes to the LIBS: and Sheet lines are supposed to be
> there. I guess not.)

Nope, they weren't needed, though the sheet change was pretty harmless -
it'll just get overwritten again at some point.

Thanks again,

Dave