[gta02-core] and more Symbols

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 8 01:48:26 CEST 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
> Sorry, but we just need to keep things moving. :-D

;-)

> In my schematics they have the same part number WTE06016 but different
> symbols, do you have a different schematic than i do?

Oh, I had looked them up in the BOM :) Interesting ... looked at
them and they indeed appear identical. Here's a picture, BT on
the left, WLAN on the right:

http://people.openmoko.org/werner/antennas.jpg

Sorry for the blur. Each is about 3 mm thick.

> If these are a really wavefar antennas then i think they are
> commercially available. Are they soldered on top of the PCB or directly
> embedded in the PCB?

They're soldered on top. I'm afraid these antennas may be custom
made. If you look at
http://www.wavefar.com.tw/product/Sf_231.pdf
It says that the "embedded" type is "Special customer design".

If I google for them, I find them both at netcomponents.com:

http://www.netcomponents.com/sitemap/WTE78012.html
http://www.netcomponents.com/sitemap/WTE06016.html

But I'm not sure if this means that they actually have them or
that they've just found the numbers somewhere, and will start
calling around if you ask them for a quote.