[gta02-core] KiCad wish list

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Mon Jun 15 21:12:25 CEST 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
> Some called them B,C and E others IN,OUT and GND however if you would
> name the pin B,C and E everyone who sees the symbol would associate
> B=IN, C=OUT E=GND. If you now could link the pins by their name to the
> pin in the footprint (even vendor specific footprints) I don't think
> anyone would get confused by it.

As a side note, that component is (despite being called "digital") still a transistor, so there's no actual IN/OUT/GND involved [1]. Stupid those for the
I/O/GND nomenclature. We should avoid using IN/OUT on components where its function may vary according to the design. I actually prefer a 3-passive-pins for
transistors - actually if we ever need a discrete constant-current design like this one [2] we don't want them surely hardcoded as in/out.

Álvaro

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_base
[2] http://www.satcure-focus.com/tutor/page5.htm