[gta02-core] PMU schematics
alvieboy at alvie.com
Fri Jun 19 10:28:44 CEST 2009
Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Looking at the schematics on the screen (1680x1050), A4 is
> excellent, A3 is borderline (the aliasing effects show), and
> Openmoko's is unreadable without 125-150% zoom.
> So I'm fine with going to A3.
Switching PMU sheet to A3 then.
> - we have an inconsistency with some of the font sizes. E.g.,
> the inductor uses 50 mil text and the test point even only 40
> mil, where 60 mil are used for resistors and the like.
Most use 50 mil, so I'm changing everything to 50.
> - all the VAA power nodes are still considered to be the same,
> despite having different labels.
> I can see that this may actually be useful in some strange
> situations, so I wouldn't consider it a bug, rather a
> dangerous feature.
> Seems that we'll need a separate symbol for each power net.
Ok, I created a new lib "gta02_power" to hold the power symbols for the device. They do not show up however when we use the "Add power port" button.
> - ERC will gleefully point out that SYS1 and SYS2 are in
> conflict with each other, both being Power Out. Duh. I've
> asked for advice on kicad-users.
I always had the same problem with eagle. Not sure what to do on this scenario.
> For component references, I would suggest the following scheme:
> - use Openmoko's numbers, so that we can use a single name to
> refer to the component
> - if we remove a component, we should try not to reuse the
> - if we add a new component, it gets a new unique reference
> Then there are a few small simplifications we can make. But
> let's talk about them when you're done with the PMU.
Ok, I'll let you know when it's finished.
More information about the gta02-core