[gta02-core] Memory Schematics

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 19 12:38:13 CEST 2009

Luke Duncan wrote:
> Thought I would pitch in with some of the schematics while I have a little
> free time. I don't have a whole lot of experience with this stuff (I'm more
> of an analog circuit designer) but I figured it was worth a shot.

Welcome and thanks a lot !

> I did create symbols for each power net and moved to an A3 paper size as you
> guys were discussing earlier.

Great ! I switched the power symbols to the ones in Alvaro's
gta02_power.lib, though, since his already have the right font
size and pin name. I added SDRAM_1V8.

> Some of the wires coming from the S3C2442/I block seem a bit jumbled. Maybe
> I should put those on a bus to clean them up?

I think that may improve readability, yes.

It would also be good if you could increase the space between a
bus label and the chip it connects to. It looks a bit crowded now
around SC32442/A and the ADDx lines.

Finally, also the block around RP2202 looks complicated. As a
first step, I'd straighten the address bus.

Besides that, it looks great !

> Things I still need to do:
> Make a symbol for the ferrite bead - right now I am using an inductor in its
> place.

Yes, there are quite a few false inductors all over the place ...

> Insert component references - from what I understand, we want those to be
> the same as in the OM schematics?

Yes, please.

> Let me know how I did. Thanks!

Very well :-) I've checked it in.