[gta02-core] More missing symbols: zxct1009 and upg2012tb, and start GPS schematic

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 20 20:27:04 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> There were a lot of people complaining about this change - did we
> actually decide about removing it ?

Most people said they either don't use it or it only gives a small
quantitative improvement (though the qualitative improvement may be
significant). If we simplify the circuit, this might very well make
it a bit more sensitive, bringing the internal antenna closer to
par with an external one.

There's also the possibility to attach an external antenna to the
"internal" connector, though with the connector rated for 30
cycles, this could only be used for semi-permanent setups.

So yes, the external antenna will be obsoleted in gta02-core.

BTW, we need to set up a process for properly documenting such
changes, or we'll end up chasing our own tail forever. That's why I
suggested to start with parts of the schematics that will be
largely unchanged. GPS is almost the opposite extreme :-)