[gta02-core] USB schematics

Rene Harder rehar at saweb.de
Mon Jun 22 02:38:24 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Rene Harder wrote:
>
>> I finished the USB part and commited to svn.
>>

> Bugs (just two):
>
> - R4905 should be R4908
>
> - D4901 should connect to D+, not D-

done!

> Style:
>
> - nReset should be nRESET
>
> - why have a bump on nUSB_FLT and EN_USBHOST if nUSB_FLT could be
>   straight if EN_USBHOST had a larger bump ?

done, although i think it looked better the old way ;-) !

> - I think it's better to put component references on the left side
>   of the symbol and the component value right of it (if using a
>   vertical orientation).
>
>   For horizontal orientation, reference above value.

How about caps?
For the horizontal components I'd prefer Ref on top and Value under the
Symbol, what do you say?

> - regarding component values for things like the surge protectors,
>   it might be better to just put a key parameters, e.g., voltage
>   and maybe capacitance, than the somewhat cryptic part number.

I replaced the part number with the Voltage and Capacitance, let me know
if that's okay with you.
Maybe we should add the AC Voltage as well, which might be important for
the Data lines.

> - the role of TP4904 would be cleared if it was visually attached
>   to USB ground.

done!

> - shouldn't USB_D+ and USB_D- be bidirectional ?

Of course they are bidi, changed it!