[gta02-core] Audio rework

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Jun 23 12:33:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 04:27:19PM -0500, Rene Harder wrote:

> If we connect JACK_INSERT to the GPIO4 pin, the codec will switch
> automatically between earpiece and headset. However we still can select
> the output with the corresponding register settings of the codec.
> What do you think, is it necessary to do that in hardware?

You're probably better off routing to the CPU; this gives software more
information about what's going on so it can make more informed decisions
(for example, many phones have separate volume settings for speaker and
headset operation).  The automatic switchover is useful if you have more
basic software running than the Linux audio drivers but with Linux it's
not so essential.