[gta02-core] IO Schematics

Luke Duncan duncan72187 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:22:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org>wrote:

> Luke Duncan wrote:
> > I checked in an initial shot at the IO schematics
>
> Thanks ! I had a quick look. The hierarchical labels look a bit
> ugly. Besides, we don't use them anywhere else and they would be
> rather painful in our context. So I'd suggest to use global labels
> for things that are shared across sheets, and local labels for
> things that are sheet-local but don't have a direct connection.
>
> For local labels, you just make a single-ended "wire", put the
> label on top, and KiCad will know that this is the same as any
> other net on the same sheet with the same label.

 I'm confused here. I used the "Add Global Label" button to add the labels.
Double-clicking the label also opens the global label properties box. I'm
not sure where the hierarchical labels are; maybe I'm just unfamiliar with
Kicad.

> And two minor things:
>
> - KiCad doesn't remove junctions when you remove "wires", so you
>  have to delete them manually. (E.g., on top of D4601 and 550 mil
>  on the right of that one.)

Fixed.

> - regarding D4601 and D4602, I think it's better to place them
>  next to the vibrator, even if this means that the "wires" cross,
>  because that shows their function more clearly.

Ok, done.

> - it would be nice if you could put the parameters of varistors
>  in the symbol, like on the USB sheet.

Done.

> - please don't forget the component references of SC32442/E and
>  SC32442/N

Duh. Fixed.

> - The text inside the FH23-39S connector doesn't fit. Maybe put
>  the reference on top of the box and rotate the name ? Or just
>  make the box a bit wider.

I didn't pick up the symbol for the debug connector from SVN. Dave, can you
make sure this is added to the repository?

> - components sitting on top of "wires" (e.g., TP4714) don't look
>  right (no junction) and may actually not make contact. Better
>  make the branch just with "wires".

Agreed. Fixed.

> Thanks,
> - Werner