[gta02-core] ECN0010: LDO2/LDO4 swap implemented

Rene Harder rehar at saweb.de
Sat Nov 28 21:38:32 CET 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>
>> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
>>

>>> * C4119..22, +..28 move to other side of choke
>>>

>> This change is in ECN0038, which has been in "execute" for a while.
>> Rene, do you want to implement it ?
>>

> This is on my to-do list but unfortunately I couldn't find time to do
> much work on gta02-core in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll have
> some spare time to catch up during the upcoming holidays.

implemented and moved to done!

>>>   thought we go make that path symmetric like formerly done
>>>   anyway, so r4303 mustn't 0R
>>>

>> Indeed. What happened with that ?
>>

> This one is on my to-do list as well. (new ECN)
> IIRC, we agreed to change R4303 & R4305 to 1k each. However, I just saw
> that R4303 and R4305 are 2.2k in the big-C buzz fix, so I  would suggest
> to stick to those values. We know for sure that this works and the
> higher the resistance the better the noise performance.

added new ECN0042.

>>>   c4307 is a nonsense, even to have pads for it. Remove C4307 footprints
>>>

> Indeed, this cap is not useful at all.
>

>>>   we should replace (A)-R4305-(B) by (A)-R4305-(X), (X)-C4306_NC-(GND),
>>> (X)-R4399_0R-(B)
>>>   move C4303, C4304, R4305 next to wm8753, behind B3005
>>>

> I think that's a really good idea. In this configuration you completely
> prevent RF from getting into MICBIAS through JK4401.

I rewrote ECN0019 to reflect those changes and reopened it for further
discussions.

>>> *kill R3004, R3005 finally!
>>>

> Okay, let's kill them.

Are we going to create a new ECN for this?
Werner mentioned an "Assorted AUDIO cleanup" ECN in a previous email.
I'm in favor of this idea, there we could add all those change which are
not worth getting an own ECN (like this one).

>>> *c3017 -> 1uF ?
>>>

> Agreed!

Added to ECN0033 and implemented change!