[gta02-core] Fedora Electronic Lab support for openmoko hardware development

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 23:05:26 CEST 2009

Hello openmoko developers,

As part of our commitment to the opensource hardware community, Fedora
Project has a sub project called Fedora Electronic Lab.
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/

Fedora Electronic Lab strives to provide a robust platform (based upon
solely opensource software) for electronic hardware development
platform for everyone. Since most of our users are also interested in
opensource hardware such as openmoko, etc.

Hence for Fedora-12 release, we have included the trunk version of
kicad, openocd, and fped. We hope that you, openmoko developers, can
now work out of the box with

svn co https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/
cd gta02-core/
make update
make sch

instead of this time consuming process
http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/docs/GETTING-STARTED

That said, we sincerely hope that our contribution might help you
seduce more contributors easily. We currently have the following list
of packages under the Fedora Electronic Lab umbrella for the following
architectures (i686,x86_64, PPC and PPC64):
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/list.html

If you feel that we still lack tools that are important to the
openmoko's development, please do not hesitate to let us know.

We also want to hear from you, how we can work together so that we can
provide you a proper development platform.

Other references:
* FEL-12 Release notes :
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf
* FEL-12 Flyer :
http://chitlesh.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/draft-fedora-electronic-lab-12s-flyer/
* Open ticket to track openmoko's support:

CentOS-5 and RHEL-5 users can also benefit from the FEL platform (of
course for free) via the EPEL repository.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

Kind regards,
Chitlesh Goorah