[gta02-core] Modem schematic / RF help needed

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Mon Sep 14 01:25:05 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 01:10:39PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> >    GPIO_04/TX_DISAB can be used to disable the transmitter (11.4).
>
> Shouldn't CFUN=2 be good enough ?

   I don't know. CFUN=2 is not described in much detail in either the AT
command reference or the software user guide. For example, is power saving
enabled with CFUN=2? CFUN=2 won't be much fun (no pun intended) if it draws
between 22 mA (CFUN=4) and 23,9 mA (CFUN=1).

> I think the hardware pin is more
> intended for devices that have some sort of kill switch than as the
> preferred means to turn off the transmitter.

   Well, why not have a kill switch?

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen