[gta02-core] Good news from Sao Paulo

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Sep 18 12:13:43 CEST 2009

Walter Brill wrote:
> <http://www.wedirekt.de>  ?

Ah yes, you mentioned them a while ago. I looked at what they can do.
http://www.wedirekt.de/media/specs/de/lp-spezi-wedirekt_technologie.pdf

They're nearly perfect and they have the most beautiful online quote
system, but they only do traces as small as 6 mil (well, 150 um = 5.9
mil) while we probably need 5 mil.

They also only mention holes with a 12 mil (0.3 mm) drill size and
don't say anything about advanced vias, which I take as a bad sign
(if they could do fancy vias, they ought to brag about it or list it
as an extra-cost option), but we'd have to ask to be sure.

The 5 mil vs. 6 mil issue is actually why I repeated the specs when
I asked for suggestions, because I ran into this problem a number of
times already. I wonder how other people deal with this, considering
that 0.5 mm FBGAs are getting pretty common these days, and many have
a ball pattern that doesn't have >= 18 mil openings everywhere.

Thanks,