[gta02-core] component hunt: some results

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Wed Apr 7 23:06:47 CEST 2010

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> I'd be particularly interested in feedback on the possible replacements
> for USB boost converter (U4904), and in help with the search for better
> substitutes for the battery connector (CON1701) and the audio jack
> (JK4401).

I've tried searching for AAT1275 replacement, and no luck so far. However, at least TI has some power controllers able to provide at least 400mA. Others can go
up to 1-2A, like USB hub power supplies.

I wonder if this is a good idea to use a USB integrated HUB and perhaps leave some pcb traces so one can connect more devices to it.

Depends a bit on what we do want - just a 5V, 500mA-limited power supply ?

> Also, if someone can find a distributor who has the PMU (U1701) and the
> GPS receiver (U7601) in small quantities, that would be great.

Hard. Those are typically short life components, maybe we should just replace them with similar (on purpose) parts. PMU should be fairly easy, GPS perhaps not.

> Regarding the other hot topic we have at the moment: the search for a
> "cashier" - or, better, treasurer - and perhaps an organization to give
> all this the proper structure is still in progress. It seems that the
> best approach is indeed to set up some form of organization, but what
> will work best and where still needs a bit of investigation. I hope
> we'll have more news early next week.

I hope so too. And time to revive gta02-core blog. I believe we do have again enough stuff to put there.

Álvaro